Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 19 of Thanksgiving


Today I am thankful for my running buddies. (yes, I stole that word for word from you, Korina).
I started running and training the beginning of January with Korina and Kim. Slowly we gained a few more friends to join us on our Saturday runs. And now there is a wonderful group of 9 of us that will be running the Valley of Fire half marathon/ 5K tomorrow. We all went to dinner tonight to do our "carbo loading" and had fun laughing and talking. I was thinking today and realized that so far this year I have only missed a few Saturday runs with this group. Believe me, it is not easy waking up at 4:40 in the morning on a Saturday morning just so you can get out by 5 to beat the Vegas heat in the middle of July. It's also not easy finding friends that will all willingly go out early for a run just because you, one person, has to be back early for other obligations. But when I knew my friends were planning on me being there, and they were there for me, I couldn't let them down. It is very nice to be able to sleep in till 6:00 now on Saturdays now that it isn't so hot, and the sun comes up later. Thanks girls for motivating me and being fun chatting partners during a long run, and most importantly wonderful friends and support systems. Wish us luck tomorrow! (any guesses on what tomorrows post will be about?)

(p.s. if anyone is worried that I've given my hubby the shaft, don't worry. His post is coming soon.)
After our run last week we decorated our shirts for the race.


Monta provided breakfast for all of us! Delish!

2 comments:

Best Life with Kim said...

Oh how I miss being a "running buddy"!! I'm so glad that something so small turned into something that is so big, and helps solidify new relationships within that new ward. You are looking awesome! I hope your race goes well.

Jerry and Sarah said...

You can still be a "running buddy" Kim. We miss you!