Thursday, September 1, 2011

This post is SO OVERDUE! I've been meaning to get all caught up, so here it goes. First of many catch up posts. July seemed to fly by. We moved out of our house on July 6th (I think). I thought I'd be more emotional than I was. At moments it hit me, and I definitely let a few tears fall the very last time I walked through the house looking at it all empty, but we were so busy that I tried to just think about other things. At one point Rebecca got very emotional and just started crying. She said she didn't really know why she was crying, but I can only imagine being in her shoes seeing everything taken out of the only home she's known and such change happening. I was (and still am) amazed at the amount of help we had. We moved on a Wednesday night because the young men needed a good service project. We were happy to be the recipients of their service. It was SO fast. They did a great job!


We left that weekend -Jerry driving the moving van to Indiana, and I went up to Utah with the kids for a few weeks. It was hard saying good bye to everyone, and we still miss everyone so much.

Sydney and one of her favorite pals - Trixie. This dog is so good to let Sydney pull her tail, poke her eyes, and never ever barks at her.
The kids got one last story from Grandpa.


Then we went up to Utah. We stayed at my parents' house the first week, then made way for other family coming into town and went to my brother's house. Besides - Hayden would have never forgiven me if I didn't let him stay at his cousin, Ethan's house.

They went swimming in grandma and grandpa's bathtub.

Had fun dancing while grandpa played his accordion.

And had a great time with cousins.

We also got together with my girlfriends from Highschool - and beyond. We missed you Jaime!


I went with my sister-in-law and her family to Hoagle Zoo. It was very fun, and as always, very exhausting.

Sydney and her little twin for the day, Alex.


All the kids lined up

Jerry flew in about 1 1/2 weeks after I'd been in Utah. It was so great to have him back with us again. His brother's wife, Jennifer happened to be in Utah with some of their kids while we were there so we were able to meet up with them and go to temple square and lunch with them. I'm so glad we got to see them one more time to say good bye.

At temple square with cousins



This was the best we could do at a family shot at the temple.

We went across the street to the church children's museum. I don't know why we've never gone there with the kids before. It was awesome. We spent a couple hours in there just letting the kids play. They loved it.
Rebecca loved working in the garden and making meals for everyone.

Sydney loved doing puzzles on the computer.


And Hayden loved building... then destroying his home.
Up next: Family reunion.

No comments: