
The day came. Sydney's teasing finally got her in trouble and she had to go to time out for the first time. She loves to pick on Rebecca, (Because Rebecca picks on her). The other day she was pulling Rebecca's hair. Sydney is still my baby, so I thought it was on accident... till I looked at Syd's face. She had the biggest grin on her little face as she was tugging. The harder Rebecca yelled, the bigger the grin got. I gave Sydney a warning and pulled the hair out of her clenched fist. No more than two seconds after walking away, she was doing it again and laughing out loud. Once again, I detangled the hair from her fist, and told her if she did it again she'd have to go to time out. And once again, 2 seconds later she was at it again, this time pulling out a chunk of Rebecca's hair. What could I do???? I had to follow through. So I put Sydney up on the time out chair. The only problem is that Hayden and Rebecca thought this was the funniest thing ever, and laughed the whole time, and afterward Rebecca was dangling her hair in Sydney's face trying to get her to pull it so Syd would have to go to time out again. And Sydney loved sitting up there on that time out stool. Anything to feel like a big girl. When I took her down, she wanted to get right back up. I think the whole idea of it being a punishment was lost to her. But on the bright side, she didn't ever pull Rebecca's hair again. (That day, at least.)
I'm seeing more and more sides of Sydney's personality develop, and she's becoming quite a little tease. She loves to play with her brother, Hayden because he loves to wrestle, and she loves to sit on his head. It's a perfect match. I think I'm going to have my hands full, especially when these two girls are teenagers together. Wish me luck! :)



1 comment:
oh, she is just growing up too fast!!
Post a Comment