So almost 4 months and 40 pounds after I started training in January I ran my first half marathon last weekend. It was in Hurricane, UT and I loved it. The few weeks leading up to it I was a little worried because I pulled a muscle in my leg and it was taking forever to heal. I just really didn't want to have to run 13.1 miles with pain in every step. I was very blessed! My leg felt great the whole run. It was very hard, but so worth it. I remember in November talking with my girlfriends about running, and I said I don't think I could ever run anything more than a 10K (6 miles) I can't believe I actually did it.
Here are some of the pictures from the run. I don't have the pics from the finish line yet, and after. I'll post those when I get them.
If you want to read more about the race and my journey there you can go to the other blog I did with my friends about our progress
HERE.

We drove there Friday night and went to pick up our packets.

Then we drove the course to see what we were in for the next morning.

We woke up WAY TOO EARLY!!! It was 3:30 Vegas time, (4:30 - UT) to drive to Hurricane from St. George. It was cold and early. We spray painted our hair fun colors for the race.

I ran the race and reached my own goals I had set for myself! YAHOO!!

This is back at the hotel after finishing. One last pose to show I did it! (That is my time card in my hand.)
It was so great being able to do this with good friends. It made the journey that much easier.
2 comments:
I am so proud of all of you for doing that race. My cousin is trying to get me to do one, but I'm just not convinced yet! Way to go! You are my hero!
You look fantastic Sarah!! I had no idea that you had lost that much weight since January!! Holy weight loss!! I am so proud of you!!
You are inspiring - I have been working on getting in shape for a 5K... never ran one before but whew... look at you!!
You are awesome!
Post a Comment