Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Word of Warning!

It is good to be thrifty. It is good to do things on your own rather than paying others to do it. It is NOT good to wash your own car with the cold water from the hose when it is about 110 degrees outside. Doing so might result in a huge crack down the front windshield. What joy! I'm glad we saved $4.00 on our own car wash so that it can go towards the repair. So much for being thrifty!

5 comments:

John and Sara Roylance said...

OH NO!!!
Thanks for the advice!! That's helpful for us here in Texas too! Our outdoor thermometer is reading 114 right now... although I'm sure it is a few degrees less than that. :)

Maynor Moments said...

That is awful! That stinks. Now I have my new excuse for not washing my car!

Russ and Marlo said...

nice. while you are pricing out for the new window. see if they will give you a deal if you buy 2 from them. Russell met a rock on the way home the other day, 12 inches later, we are not friends with rocks.

Carrie said...

I had no idea. Note to self...hot car + cold water = $$$

Heather said...

I am so sorry!