Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Stripper

So, I'm sure you've noticed from my pictures that my kids don't like to wear clothes. It should make laundry a little easier, but for some reason we still have just as much laundry. Probably because Rebecca likes to dress herself, AND undress herself. Sometimes going through several outfits a day. Luckilly she will keep her clothes on in public, which is more than I can say for Hayden. It was a little embarrassing a couple years ago when I went to pick Hayden up from nursery and they were laughing at how he always took his shoes off (That's easy - he learned that by example, I hate wearing shoes - they are always kicked off whenever I get inside.) But that day he didn't stop with his shoes and socks. He continued by next taking off his pants. I'm glad they had a good sense of humor about it and helped him put his pants back on.
I felt a sense of accomplishment yesterday when Rebecca kept her clothes on for a whole 30 minutes - in a row!!! I guess I could fight them on it, but it's one of those situations where you choose your battles, and this is one I don't want to fight, because if you saw me trying to dress Rebecca you'd realize that's exactly what it is - a fight. This is how Rebecca decided to dress the other night. Those are her shorts that she put on over her head. She is so funny. Last night, I don't know how she managed it, but she got her pajama shirt on upside down. So the neck was around her waist, and the larger part was hanging down around her neck. Let's hope my kids learn how to keep their clothes on before they get much older.

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

You guys have been busy. That is so funny about your kids and their clothes. We have not experienced that problem around here - yet. Are we still going bowling?

Sheri said...

I guess it is time to start teaching modesty,ha ha. Mason is my kid that hates to be naked. That will change when he gets older!

MaryAnn said...

Next week is probably better for me as well. Tuesday should be fine if that works - just let me know. Thanks!

Davis Family said...

I think it's funny!! We don't go around half naked but we do stay in our pj's until..oh today it was about 3pm! To each their own and in the summer there it is probably so hot that clothes are pain anyways!!

Russ and Marlo said...

That is funny! I never went through that stage, my boys are all about being dressed. Quick story for you, everytime we see my brother his reminds us of a time when we were all at my parents house. Preston was 2 or 3, we had just finished eating so his sleeves were gross. I took his shirt off and he started crying "i don't have any clothes on" over and over. Preston didn't stop crying till he had a shirt back on.