Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Family Bowling!

On the day after New Year's we had a great family day. (I think it was the 2nd - the whole weekend kind of meshed together.) We went shopping a little bit, then Jerry's parents were great and watched the kids for a little bit while Jerry and I got to go on a little lunch date. (Even just an hour away with my honey helps keep me happy.) Then we went bowling as a family.
This is the first time Rebecca's really tried bowling and she loved it. Hayden is already a huge bowling fan. We had a great time. I was a little worried about bowling since I look like I'm hiding a couple bowling balls in my tummy already that I might send myself down the alley, but I actually managed to get a couple strikes and spares. However, I'm so out of practice that it was either all or nothing and I didn't even break 100 - pretty pathetic huh. It was still a lot of fun and it was great to have a fun family day.




Hayden was excited that this is the first time he got to wear actual bowling shoes, but Rebecca was even happier that she got to wear her "McQueens" - Shoes that used to be Hayden's but she decided she wanted them and started wearing them, even if they are still too big for her. She's lucky she doesn't have a brother that put up much of a fight.

They had been playing all day and were excited to sit at the big counter in the bowling alley to eat popcorn. (Please tell me they clean those counters well.)

1 comment:

The Roylance Family said...

What a fun day! Ethan LOVES bowling. Just wondering...why didn't you use the rack that you set up for kids to set their ball on to send down the lane? It makes life so easy, and they actually knock some pins over! Your kids look like they are having a blast! What good parents you are!