Sunday, September 15, 2013

Home Sweet Home in Connecticut!


 We left early Monday morning on our trip from Utah to Connecticut!  WOW, it is a long trip.  We had to detour a bit back to West Lafayette to get Jerry's car, but it was kind of nice to see the city again.  We drove past our house, but it was very late at night and the kids were all asleep so they didn't see it.  I love my kids, but it was so nice to finally get to our house and be more than 5 feet from everyone.  Honestly though, I have to give my kids major props.  They really did amazing for driving 12 hours per day.  We got to our home in Connecticut on Thursday afternoon.  

The kids were so excited to finally see their new house.  I'm in love with our front porch.  Love it!

 It took a few weeks, but we got everything unpacked and for the most part settled.  We still don't have curtains for the boys room.  We'll get there.  And our bedroom still has no furniture other than a bed.  We sold our old bedroom set before we moved, so now we're debating just getting something that will do, or something that we will have for a long time.  So we'll eventually get some furniture there:)  Here are some pictures of our home.  You will notice there are no pictures of my bedroom.  That is because 1- there is no furniture, 2- that was my catch all for all the mess I had to clean in all the other rooms when I was taking pictures:)

 The boys' room.  Luke transferred pretty well into his toddler bed, till he realized he could get out and climb into bed with Hayden.  I've just given up on putting him in his own toddler bed and now he just shares the big bed with Hayden.  What a good boy Hayden is too.  He loves having Luke sleep with him.  Notice the lovely curtains!


 This is our entryway.  One of my favorite features of the home.  I love the stairway that goes upstairs.  But, it is an unfinished 2nd floor.  It is HUGE up there.  It would be awesome if it were finished, but we just close the door and no one could ever tell.

This is part of our entryway that leads back into our bedroom and the stairs that go down to the basement.  


 Our kitchen.  The green is a little gaggy in my opinion, but it's doable.


 This is the play room.  It is officially a formal dining room, but we have a bigger need for a play room than a formal dining room.  We also considered making it a separate bedroom, but that caused fights between the kids of who got their own room, and once we got in the house we just figured it wouldn't work so well as a bedroom.  I love finally having a play room.  It gets super messy, but I can just close that door and it isn't in my living room.



 Our living room.  Eventually we'll also get some curtains and a vase of decorative flowers on the mantle to add a pop of color to the room.  I also love finally having a fireplace.








This is our backyard.  LOVE IT!  The home sits on an acre.  It is on a little busier road than others, and there is no sidewalk.  That's kind of a bummer because the kids can't really go ride bikes in the neighborhood, and we basically have to load up the car and drive somewhere if we want to go on a family walk.  That's the main thing I miss about our home in Indiana, the neighborhood.  (Probably the only think I miss about that home. ha)  But the good thing about the yard being so large is that the home is far enough back from the road that I don't really worry about the kids getting too close to the road.  They mainly stay in the backyard anyway.  There was a playset in the backyard when we moved in, but it was so badly damaged from Hurricane Sandy last year that it was too dangerous for the kids to play on it.  It got taken down, and hopefully we can get a new one before too long.  

 Here is the kids/guest bathroom.  Nothing major, but here it is..



 The girls' room.  Notice the difference between the wall on Rebecca's side of the room (The one with the window) and Sydney's side of the room.  It just makes me chuckle.  Rebecca is a little artist and loves to decorate.


 I also don't have any pictures yet of our basement.  It was a disaster on the day I was taking pictures.  It is a HUGE partially finished basement.  It's a great area that the kids can go down and play.  I'll get a picture of it up eventually too.
We love our new home, and we love the city and ward we live in.  

No comments: