Monday, February 4, 2013

Rebecca turns 6

This BEAUTIFUL girl turned 6 on November 16th.  She has a bit of her mother in her and had the countdown going for months.  I actually had to tell her we couldn't start planning her birthday party till after Luke's birthday in September because she was ready to send out invitations in March.  
Her birthday was on Friday.  I went with Sydney and Luke and we ate lunch with Rebecca and Hayden at the school.  Then I went back as the mystery reader in her class a few hours later.  
The school had movie night that night so we didn't have time to do our family party until after she got back that night at 8:00.  She is not a cake fan.  She requested Hello Kitty cupcakes - which she scrapes the frosting off of .  Oh, I wish I was as healthy as my girl.  And she wanted plain vanilla ice cream.  We ate cupcakes and ice cream, and opened presents.  And as always, we took turns sharing our favorite thing/memory of Rebecca. 













 I swore I wouldn't do yearly birthday parties for our kids because it is so much work.  But somehow I found myself doing another party.  She first wanted to do Chuck E. Cheese, so I told her that's fine, she'd just get to choose 1 friend and we'd go have fun there - but not the whole "Chuck E Cheese Birthday Thing"  Since she wasn't going to be able to do the ticket blaster she wasn't so excited about that.  So we ended up having a friend party.  It was actually much easier than last year.  It was quite a fun party.  She is very into Hello Kitty and art right now.  So we started with paining some Hello Kitty masks.



Cute cute friends


Pin the bow on Hello Kitty


Poor Kitty
 Then we did some more art projects and opened presents, ate lunch and cupcakes and ice cream cups.






 Some things about Rebecca at 6
 She has grown up so much this last year.  We are so proud of her.  She is in full day Kindergarten and loving it.  She loves to play school at home and she is a good "teacher."  She is actually 6 going on 16.  She loves to listen to her music and sing along.  It's not uncommon to see her with headphones in listening to our ipod singing along to her favorite songs.  She cracks us up.  Her favorite band is Big Time Rush.  She has a huge crush on the singer, Kendall.  The main reason she likes him is because on an episode of their show he can do a headstand.  She thinks that is so cool - so he's so cute, and she wants to marry him.  I guess he recently moved to Las Vegas - Thanks TMZ- so now she wants to go find his house next time we visit.  haha.  She is so cute.  She is still a health nut, just out of preference.  Her favorite food is cucumbers.  She eats a salad every day at lunch.  And she would rather have water than soda any day.  Don't get me wrong, she also likes some "unhealthy" things too, but she really is a healthy eater.  She is a great artist.  She loves coloring and really amazes me with her pictures.  She is also a great reader.  I wish I could take the credit for this, but I didn't teach her, other than just reading to her.  She reads and writes really well.  Such a smart girl.
She takes ownership of her things.  Sometimes that's good, other times it drives me nuts.  She has all of her favorite things lining the side of her bed on the top bunk.  Because that's the only place they are safe from others.  NOBODY is allowed on her bed unless they are invited.  If you go up uninvited you will be sorry.  It is quite the privilege.  
Rebecca LOVES Luke, and is so good with him.  They are little buddies - very similar to how Hayden and Sydney were little buddies at the same ages.  She loves to "babysit" him when I need to shower, or ....ok, ok, when I'm too tired to wake up with my early riser children and she'll sit with him in my bed and watch tv while I sleep an extra half hour.  Lazy??  I say smart! 
She is a beautiful girl with a smile that lights up a room.  We LOVE her laugh and she has a great sense of humor and a quick wit.  She is still the mood setter of our home.  When Rebecca is happy, everyone is happy(:  We love her so much and are so happy that she joined our family 6 years ago.

No comments: