Sunday, September 2, 2012

PARTY TIME!!!

One of the best things about going to UT is all the parties!  If I lived in UT no one would throw a big party just because I'm around, but when they haven't seen me for a long time, it's a great excuse for a party!  It also helps that I coordinated my visit along with a couple other siblings that were visiting from out of town. 

The night of the opening ceremonies for the Olympics we had a huge family party.  All my siblings except Mary and John were there.  We missed them:(  But it was great seeing everyone.

The next day we had our annual Sisters' Favorite Things party.  I look forward to this every summer - even though it is getting very hard trying to find something new each year, that is my favorite.  I just love learning all the new things about my sisters and getting lots of fun goodies.  It's better than Christmas - well, almost:) 

All of us hanging out and visiting before the sister party.
I was also able to get together with my girlfriends.  We have been friends since 7th grade.  So fun to get together.  I love these girls!!




I went up to Logan one day to go to the Opera at the Capitol theater.  It was My Fair Lady.  We had total nosebleed seats- very last row.  But it was still so much fun.
Afterwards you could go see the cast.  Look who happened to be there.  Elder L. Tom Perry.  Kinda cool seeing him.
Elder L. Tom Perry

We are family friends with the Ballams.  It was fun seeing Michael and Vanessa - his daughter in the musical. 





We had several other parties with the family.  I was also able to spend some one on one time with each of my siblings and their families.  It was a great vacation.
We stayed at my brother, Joseph's house.  We had to get a picture of the 6 oldest before we left.  It will be fun to line them up like this again next time and see the changes:) 



Hayden was so, so sad to leave.  He cried and cried:(
 We left Tuesday morning (7th)  We were going to leave Monday but had car problems.  Love spending lots of unexpected $$ on an already expensive trip right/?  On the Tuesday we drove to Colorado and stayed with my brother, Dave and his family.  Wed. we drove to Kansas and stayed with my sister, Mary.  We stayed up so late visiting, but it was so worth it.  Great talking with my sister!  Thursday we drove to Springfield, Ill. then home on Friday.  It was a long drive, and a long time to be away from home.  Everyone was happy to sleep in their own beds - or at least in mom's bed:)

No comments: