We went on a family vacation up to Utah this month (More on the vacation in the next post) which was conveniently scheduled around another race for me to do. What can I say, I've got the running bug. I actually really like it - for the most part. I was able to run the Farmington 1/2 marathon on Sat. July 10th. I ran it with my two brothers Mark and Joseph, and my sister, Esther, and sis-in-law Angela. My nieces and nephew also ran the 5K. It was so fun. I wasn't as nervous before this race as I was before, and that made me nervous. I think just knowing I had done a 1/2 marathon before helped me. At first I wasn't going to worry about time, I just wanted to run for fun and not worry about any personal records or anything like that. But as I got running I felt really good and I did make little goals along the way. I was so happy that I beat my time by about 10 minutes - don't know the exact time because we happened to be in the potty when the race started, thinking we had more time, and even though they used chips for the race, they didn't use the start time from the chip. Bummer. We weren't too far behind everyone, but still it's not the way you want to start the race, already trying to catch up to everyone.It was the first half marathon for Esther and Angela so Esther got us all matching outfits with shirts that said, "Half Marathon Virgin" on the back. It was pretty funny. We got a lot of laughs out of that.

So now I'm on the lookout for another race. I'm planning another 1/2 marathon in November, but that seems so far away. (NEVER thought I'd say that)




3 comments:
I think I am doing the mesquite race in Nov. I guess that means I better start running again. I wish I lived closer so I could run with you. Maybe we could get our men to do it to,lol!
Dude, you are my hero. I wish I could start something like this. I think I'd be the laugh of the century to start since I've never run before.
Way to go!!!
Post a Comment