Wednesday, February 17, 2010

So much for Charity!

You know those stories of children that give all the money they've saved up to other children in need. Those stories always touch me, and make me envy the Christlike, selfless love that children have.
Well, the other day I was cleaning out the kids room trying to dejunk as much as possible. (Thanks Kim for the motivation) When I found a large "Thomas The Tank" carrying case. Hayden has never really played with this, other than a day here or there. So I pointed out to him that he never really plays with the toy, and wouldn't it be nice if we were to give it to another little boy that doesn't have as many toys as him?
He paused for a minute, cocked his head to the side and said, "Umm, how about we just keep it."
I tried to convince him again, playing on that whole do-good-to-others feeling. It was to no avail. I guess we have some work to do.

1 comment:

Best Life with Kim said...

I dejunk twice a year if I get the chance and I can honestly say this year was the first year Matthew and Jayden agreed that we needed to get rid of stuff...no arguing, no trying to convince me to keep stuff. They just let me do my thing. It was so nice! Remember... they're 7 and 8...give it some time