Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Baby Sydney is One!!





Happy Birthday to my sweet little baby! How is it that a whole year has passed. Sydney turned one a couple weeks ago, on Feb. 9th. We had a fun little get together party with Jerry's family. I made a ladybug cake, but it ended up being a "lovebug" because I couldn't make red frosting, or black, so it was pink and brown.


Here is Sydney's own personal lovebug for her to dive into.








Some things about Sydney at one!
She is so fun! She is a tease. If she does something that makes you laugh, guarantee she'll keep doing it over and over. She LOVES to blow raspberries! She thinks it is hilarious!
She understands amazingly well. I think she understands everything we say. She is getting very good at throwing her own diaper away, finding her own shoes, and even looking for her bottle. She thinks she is such a big girl and when she sees "babies" (in her mind) that are even one month younger than her she bends over and looks at them & pats them like they are a baby. Well, ok, maybe it's not so much a pat as it is a hit. So, even though she understands so well, she still has yet to say her first word. She gets everything she wants by pointing her finger and screaming. She's said mum, and dada, but not regularly enough to qualify as a first word.
She started walking right before 9 months, and hasn't stopped! She has 4 teeth, and right now she's on a hunger strike. All she wants is macaroni and cheese or milk.
One of my favorite things is when I'm putting her to bed. I'll put her up on my shoulder and lightly pat her back, and she'll reach her arm around me and pat me on my back. I love this little girl. She is such a joy in our lives.

3 comments:

Best Life with Kim said...

I love how you were smart and stripped her down before she ate the cake. I never think of doing that when the time comes around!

HiccupMeL said...

She is one? Wow. She is absolutely adorable. :)

Hilary and Chris said...

I can't believe that she is already one! That is just crazy!