Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One Whole Day

First of all, let me preface this post by saying that I LOVE being a mom, and I adore my children SO much!!
Every morning as I go in our master bathroom I think to myself, "I've got to clean that shower TODAY!!" And every night I look at that shower and think, "Dang, where did my day go? I didn't clean it today.... Tomorrow for sure!" I also have the same thought every time I go into my garage. "I'm going to clean and organize this garage TODAY!" My closet, "I'm going to go through all my clothes and organize and clean this closet TODAY!" When I see the stacks of paper piled up on my nightstand, "going to file them "TODAY!" But does it get done. Umm, eventually. But since baby #3 it has never been ALL done at the same time. I do clean my bathrooms, (believe it or not) but it has to be when Sydney is asleep or she'll be the best little toilet cleaner ever, and I don't think I want her cleaning my bathrooms yet. And by the time the bathrooms are done I go to move on to the next thing on the list to do, and see the mess created by the other two, and then I have to take a detour from my list to take care of other things that are not on the list. Or I feel bad that I'm totally ignoring my children at a time when I could actually be playing a game with them without trying to keep Syd away. (It's always more fun to play than clean) I fantasize about having a whole day to myself, and imagine all the things I could do with just one day!

I like to think that I would be able to totally clean and organize my whole house. (Including dusting!! - when was the last time I dusted?) Spend time working on Relief Society, and visiting sisters in the ward. Maybe even squeeze in a session at the temple. Get a great workout in, without having to look around every two seconds to make sure the kids are ok. Read a good book. Actually read my scriptures before I'm so tired at bedtime. De-junk my house and make a great trip to the DI.

But in reality I'd probably sleep in, and when I woke up I'd stay in bed and watch the Today Show for too long. I'd talk on the phone, play on facebook & the internet. Yip, I'd be a TOTAL lazy bum!!

So here's my question to you???? What would you do if you had one whole day to yourself? No children, no work, no responsibilities???

8 comments:

Maynor Moments said...

Well I would have a long list of things I should be doing and planned to do! But I would probally SLEEP, play on facebook, Sleep, shop, sleep,and then wonder where the day went! :)

Amy said...

sleep. eat whatever I want. sleep again. eat again. shop. sleep. eat. sleep. :)

wouldn't it be nice!!!???

Jaime said...

If i had the money to i would spend all day at a really fun spa. Yes that would be my dream day. But back to reality now. I would probably do a little cleaning mixed in with curling up on the couch and watching a good movie and of course some facebooking and blogging.

Best Life with Kim said...

There have been a few occassions when I've had a couple hours without any kids and I can honestly say I usually sit and do NOTHING! I have good intentions, but I prefer to enjoy myself rather than work. Besides, we work all day even if it isn't doing the chores

MaryAnn said...

I would for sure spend a good portion of the day sleeping and then I would love to go to a nice spa and be pampered.

The Roylance Family said...

I don't know what I'd do anymore. I stopped fantasizing about a whole day to myself a long time ago... Your post made me chuckle. All I can say is Ditto!

Courtni said...

good question...hmmm...i know for sure i wouldn't spend it cleaning! (even though i have the same dilema that you do the day going by without a whole lot of housework getting done!) i would sleep in, take a long bath, maybe hit a store or 2 that i wouldn't take kids to, and then be lazy...and not even feel bad about it!

Jacqui said...

Clean and organize a few things...but really dig into my new love of digital scrapbooking! Where does the time go! Even when I have the time to do a project it always seems to take longer than I thought.