Thursday, October 29, 2009

Roylance Halloween Party!

Once again it is time for the annual Roylance Halloween Party post. We went up to Utah a couple weekends ago for my parent's mission farewell. (more on that in the next post.) So we had the Halloween party while we were there. With so many things going on, sick kids, possible swine flu in the family, mom and dad packing, sister-in-law about to give birth ANY day, amazingly everything worked out and everyone was better by the party, and we had a great time. So this year Jerry and I only decided the week before - as we were driving home from Disneyland- what we would be. It's getting harder and harder to think of something creative and new every year. Everyone is so creative. We decided on Burt and Ernie from Sesame Street. Don't know if it's the most creative we've gone, but I know it's DEFINITELY not the most attractive. Yes, my outfit is not flattering on me at all, but it did the trick. I went to the DI to look for some sweaters that would work, but couldn't find anything, so I'll brag here and tell you that I sewed our tops... without a pattern... in one day... with three kids... blindfolded... uphill both ways... :) anyway, moving on. Hayden changed his mind several times on what he wanted to be, but finally settled on a clone trooper from Star Wars, and Rebecca of course had to be Cinderella, and Sydney was a cute little Tinkerbell.



My Sister Ruth Ann flew in from New Jersey for the weekend. It was so fun to have her there. Her little baby was a darling pumpkin to go along with Cinderella.


My Sister Rebecca and her family were characters from Toy Story. She was a great Mrs. Potato Head along with Woody, Buzz, Tour guide Barbie, Army guy, and Lil' Bo Peep.

Yes, it's true. My sister Elizabeth and her family are "Trekki's" (I guess it's not that much worse than being Star Wars fans.) She is amazing and made all of their outfits. Awesome. They looked so good.
My sister, Esther surprised us all and flew in that morning from Seattle just so she could be there for the wonderful weekend. She was a great Glinda the Good Witch! I'm so glad she came!My Brother Dave's family came from Colorado for the weekend. Great hippy family! I could hardly recognize Dave at first!


Mark's family dressed as puppeteers, and a scary gorilla, along with beautiful little Kaleah that was a ladybug.


Joseph was an extremely flamboyant Richard Simmons, and a 9 month pregnant Angela was his "pupil Cheryl." Can you believe she had her baby one week later. (Just last weekend) She looks great!

Their two boys, Ethan and Alex.The girls - yeah, not flattering in the least!
Such pretty sisters.



The kids had fun fishing for toys and playing musical "footprints"


Then we played mafia. SO FUN. We had to drive to locations to get previously placed IBC root beer. If we saw another car from our party we could flash our lights at them to pull them over and steal any root beer that we found within one minute. Whoever had the most root beer at the end of the allotted time for the game won. Then we went back to the church for root beer floats. It was a great party. After the party we went to a post party at Joseph and Angela's house. We put the kids down to bed- and boy it didn't take long, they were exhausted from such a fun day - then all the adults that could come stayed awake talking about fun memories. Those are the moments I cherish when we get together as a family. It was a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Courtni said...

sarah, you have the coolest family! loved the pics of the party...and i haven't seen joseph for years and he still cracks me up...seriously, that outfit is HYSTERICAL!! i thought yours were very creative too...and i for one AM very impressed with your sewing abilities!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness- I am dying laughing! Your costumes are THE BEST! I love Bert's unibrow! You are so clever and talented. I bet the party was a blast. You Roylances really know how to party it up. Your parents will miss you all so much, but I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for them.

Maynor Moments said...

I love your hair!! That is so funny!! Such great memories!